Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ode to the Flip Flop


Oh, the glorious flip flop. It is my shoe of choice for the summer, if you can call it a shoe. I like them in all colors, white, black, pink, you name it. I have a pair that I wear when I wash my car, work outside, shopping and even my “evening” flip flops. Shoe snobs might call them sandals when they pass the nine o’clock hour.

Some of the best times of my life have been in flip flops – usually because that means there is a high probability that I am on the beach with sand in my toes. My digits like to come out and play in the summer and have come out bare, and with polish, thank you very much.

You are strappy or not, chic or simple, one-size-fits-all
I wear you all the time, to the beach, to the mall
So, no wonder that of all my footwear
I love my flip flops ..... best of all

If all else fails, go barefoot.

No comments: