Sunday, April 6, 2008

Girlfriends Are For All Ages

What would I do without you? You believe in me when I wonder if I can get back up one more time. You pick me up when I feel like the road is too hard. You tell me I look fine even when we both know I am having a bad hair day. You tell me to go ahead and splurge on that outfit at Ann Taylor. After all, I work hard, don’t I? You cooked me dinner on Cinco de Mayo and sent me flowers when I was sick. Is there anything you won’t do for a girlfriend?

We have cried during movies, over love gone sideways, bad jobs, children, car problems and the pains of everyday life. Girlfriends are forever sisters and like the Ya Ya Sisterhood, united as children and bonded into adulthood. You know who you are and I am grateful for you all. Without you, I can’t imagine what my life would be like.
The National Girlfriend and Sister's Week organization have a motto I can love, "I am only as strong as the coffee I drink, the hairspray I use and the friends I have.”

No comments: