Monday, April 7, 2008

Channeling My Inner Carrie Bradshaw


I wish I could take total credit for this entry but I will have to thank another "Carrie" who is a big influence in my creative life, Carrie Helton. This one's for you, Carrie!

With each passing day and year, I notice how much I am drawn to movies, book and television shows in which the main character happens to be a writer: Marin Frist, the writer and relationship coach in "Men in Trees," Diane Keaton (one of my idols) in "Something's Gotta Give," and of course, my number uno favorite TV writer, Carrie Bradshaw of "Sex and the City."

I live vicariously through these women who are living the life that I want to lead: writing and making more than a living out of it. Of course, these women are beautiful, fashionable, extremely talented and live in prime real estate: New York City, the Hamptons (facing the water of course) and well, you get the picture. They are sought after by men, make a lot of money and life just looks good enough to eat. Am I jealous? Well, sure, I am. Who wouldn't be?

Do you think Candace Bushnell needs help writing her next big hit? If so, I am available. Tina Fey, don’t you need more writers for 30 Rock?

No comments: