Wednesday, August 12, 2009

An Island With a View


I still have to pinch myself to believe that I have seen the real, live beauty of the Eastern Caribbean. It was as breathtaking as I imagined and something that even the best picture or card can't truly capture. This view of the Caribbean is from the back of Bird Rock Beach Hotel. The water felt great and I forgot about the buoyancy of salt water, making floating effortless. I even had a conch shell waiting for me at the water's edge on my first day. It was and still is, truly unforgettable.

3 comments:

candicezip@gmail.com said...

How cruel to tantalize us mainland bound souls with images of paradise out of reach! Surprisingly, I was most jealous that you found a conch shell-waiting for you nonetheless. I continue to search for one each beach trip and have one question for you. Was it whole and perfect?

Web Girl said...

This is amazing!:) I wish I were there with u:( Could u see fish? Were there Coral Reefs?




Your jealous niece Megan

Ray Kiszely said...

Glad you were able to make the trip, No question it will make you want to go back. I've had the good fortune to visit a number of the Islands and each has its own character and special features. They say that all the Islands in the Caribbean are volcanic in origin except one. Do you know which is not?